Co-founder of BC&C in 1985 and Senior Partner since 2004, Colin has vast experience in the highest levels of Hong Kong’s legal system, leading teams in complex corporate crime cases, high-conflict civil litigation, dispute resolution, landmark judicial reviews and Court of Final Appeal hearings.
In the course of his career, he has co-ordinated defence teams on some of the territory’s most high-profile court cases. Colin also has vast experience in commercial litigation, securities regulatory issues and cross-border work, while his arbitration proficiency has seen him admitted as a Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators and as a member of the Panel of Arbitrators of the Law Society of Hong Kong.
Colin also brings his experience to bear on behalf of clients in diverse fields such as Employment Law, Immigration, Family Law, Insurance & Personal Injury and Competition Law. As well, he is a past President of Ally Law, the global network of independent law firms.
Recognised for his pro bono work, community outreach and commitment to various charitable causes, Colin was awarded the Hong Kong Medal of Honour in 2012 for his long-standing contribution to the Inland Revenue’s Board of Review. He has lived in Hong Kong since 1981.
- Commercial and Corporate Litigation
- Criminal, Complex Corporate Crime
- Insolvency and Debt Restructuring
- Shareholder’s Disputes
- Company Winding Up
- Securities Regulatory Issues
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Administrative Law
- Judicial Review
- Liquor Licensing
- Contentious Probate
- Prosecutor for the Law Society of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Society of Notaries
- Civil Celebrant of Marriages
- Civil Celebrant of Marriages since 2006
- Honorary Lecturer at Law, University of Hong Kong
- Deputy Chairman of Inland Revenue Board of Review (2003-2012)
- Fellow of the Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators since 2015
- Member of the Panel of Arbitrators of the Law Society of Hong Kong since 2017
- Member of Insurance Authority’s Disciplinary Panel