A Partner in BC&C since 2001, Usha heads the firm’s Family Law practice. A renowned practitioner in this field, she directs legal teams on a wide variety of cases stemming from the matrimonial context, including some that are high-conflict and multi-jurisdictional.
Usha is a long-standing committee member of the Hong Kong Family Law Association and is currently Deputy Secretary, having served as Chairman from 2013-16. Also, she has been a committee member of the Hong Kong Collaborative Practice Group since 2010. Previously, she has sat on the Judiciary’s Working Group on Children and Ancillary Relief and worked with the Law Society of Hong Kong sub-committee on enforcement of maintenance orders.
A beneficiary of British colonialism, Usha was born in Kenya, raised in England and is a permanent resident of Hong Kong. She completed her law degree at the University of Hull, where she studied Family Law under the renowned academic Professor Hugh Bevan, considered a great authority on the subject. She has been with BC&C since 1998.
- Family Law
- Divorce and Separation
- Child Custody and Wardship, Financial Applications
- General Civil Litigation
- Surrogacy & Parental orders
- Chairman of Hong Kong Family Law Association
- Treasurer of Hong Kong Family Law Association 2010 – 2013
- Member of Hong Kong Collaborative Practice Group
- Appointed as Civil Celebrant of Marriages, 2006